Manager of Institutional Research
Found in: beBee S2 AF
Manager of Institutional Research
Vice President of Student and Institutional Affairs
No. of position: 1 (one)
Position Announcement close date: May 5,
American University of Afghanistan (AUAF), which is located in
Kabul and funded in substantial part by the United States Agency
for International Development (USAID), is entering a new phase of
its development with a rapidly increasing enrollment. We offer both
a challenging and rewarding environment for faculty and staff.
Current enrollment figures are approximately 1,000 students. The
Office of Student Affairs is an integral part of the university's
plans to provide student support services equivalent to those found
in American colleges and universities but reflecting the special
needs and circumstances of a unique Afghan student body.
The Manager of Institutional Research coordinates and implements
institutional research and archiving of information for the
American University of Afghanistan (AUAF). S/he will build an
institutional research infrastructure that will support all
dimensions of AUAF's planning, budgeting, reporting, and
accreditation processes. S/he will also work as a key player on
multiple committees, working with stakeholders from across the
university. S/he will work closely with all members of AUAF's
senior leadership team.
Key outcomes include:
- Standard internal and external reporting (standard annual
and periodic reports, standard surveys, course evaluations,
- Planning and special projects (may include decision support
studies, benchmarking, enrollment projections, and revenue
- Act as a key team member in university activities relevant
to educational and institutional effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include but are not
restricted to the following:
- Establishes and oversees policies and processes for the
university's institutional research and archiving.
- Educates faculty and staff on a fact-based and data-driven
- Collects, maintains, and analyzes institutional data, which are
necessary for effective management and
- academic decision-making.
- Assists with data generation in the development of quality
assurance and risk management processes.
- Provides institutional data for the national, disciplinary and
(eventually) US accreditation processes.
- Tracks and provides data for donor community.
- Assists in document preparation and preparation of summaries
and other materials as requested, in particular contributes to the
regular reports, for instance reports for accreditation, the
Ministry of Higher Education, USAID, and Board of Trustees
- Produces and interprets data for senior administration in
support of operation, evaluation, and planning.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of the new
- Creates and maintains an archive of processes, plans, and
- Assists in the refinement and analysis of student course
evaluations and evaluations of staff, departments, and
- Fulfills other duties as assigned by the direct
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of seven (7) years' experience
in institutional research or information systems are required,
preferably in a higher education setting; or Master degree with a
minimum five (5) years' experience in institutional research or
information systems are required, preferably in a higher education
- Ability to analyze large data sets and to interpret and clearly
present the results to a diverse audience.
- Ability to work on an institutional level as well as in
cooperation with individual departments.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical software for data analyses
such as SPSS, SAS, R or related statistical software
- Experience with student information systems and archiving of
information protocols desirable.
- Work experience in a multicultural environment.
- Computer skills, including word-processing, spreadsheet, and
database and data analysis applications
- Strong research skills including design, implementation, and
- Highly developed organizational skills including
time-management, leadership, project management, and
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skill.
Benefits and Environment
This is an exceptional opportunity to work at a developing
university in an emerging and rapidly changing society.
The American University of Afghanistan offers a very
comprehensive benefits package some of which are detailed
- Competitive base salary
- Post Hardship allowance (when in Afghanistan)
- Mobilization package (flights and shipping allowance)
- International health care insurance
- Visa and work permit
- Attractive R&R and leave package
- Living accommodation on AUAF campus
Afghanistan is classed as an austere environment and can be very
challenging. Applicants should expect high levels of safety and
security which will involve movement restrictions. Due to the
current COVID-19 pandemic, applicants who can perform a combination
of both remote and physical on site working MAY be considered.
AUAF does not charge recruitment fees to applicants. If you are
asked for a recruitment fee or offer employment in exchange for
money, kindly bring this to our attention using email account
AUAF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at
all levels. AUAF follows a strict non-discriminatory policy in its
selection and employment practices. All applicants will receive
equal consideration and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and
economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
AUAF strives to ensure that all employees work in safe
environments, but safety and security are to a great degree
contingent on various factors within Afghanistan that are outside
of AUAF's control. Applicants should carefully consider and
evaluate their personal safety and security in Afghanistan.
To apply, please send as a single PDF or Word (doc.) format: a
cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV), to Please,
include Vacancy#: AF-Int-53-2021- Manager of Institutional
Research in the subject line of the email, otherwise, the
application will not be considered. This position is open until
filled. Applications in languages other than English will not be
reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates
will be contacted.
calendar_today4 days ago
work American University of Afghanistan
Job · Title: · Manager of Institutional Research · Reports · to: · Vice President of Student and Institutional Affairs ...
American University of Afghanistan - Afghanistan - beBee S2 AF
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and ...
Merck Group - Dzhaya - beBee S1
REFERENCE: · 9050 /39D · Our client is a prestigious investment firm with a strong track record. This is an exciting o ...
PER, Private Equity Recruitment - Doha - beBee S1
Job Description · This position is the Commercial Strategist for Software in the Latin America region, and is responsibl ...
Rockwell Automation - Buenos Aires - beBee S1
Manage the implementation of new manufacturing equipment in preparation for use in cGMP operations. participation in mac ...
Alpha one Pharma - Kabul - beBee S1